November 15, 2009

Orphan Sunday is every day....

    You know, when you have adopted and when you go to your child's country to pick them up... one thing you never forget is the faces of those kids left behind. When I went to China to get Carissa, our youngest daughter, I was really shocked at how many people are IN China!  I mean we always hear about  it but until you experience walking down a street elbow to elbow in  China  you just can not get it.  I heard once that even with all the children adopted from China each year it only equals about 1 %  of the children left in orphanages there.  This last year the number of Children adopted internationally has dropped world wide, orphanages world wide are very full....    Only 2 % of Christians adopt....

    Stepping out and adopting is a big leap of faith.  I want to advocate for a  little boy in China who deserves a chance at a forever family.  He seems to be getting over looked and may just possibly be waiting  because his "own" family has not found him...  His special need is very minor now... he is so cute and he has this smirky smile like one of my sons and his birth date is the same as our middle son...  please go to this  web site and look at this little guy.  I'm praying for him so let me know if he is your son.  He is called MILLER on this site and he is 4 years old.

www.waitingtoblossom.blogspot.com




1 comment:

Aus said...

Yeah - what you said!

hugs - aus and co.