January 25, 2010

Giving for Haiti? do not give here....

  Okay, have you ever wondered about those big groups that have been working on collecting money for Haiti?  Me too...   Lets see the Clinton Bush team?  Hummm, I am really not a big fan of Clinton... so give him some money...well, I think not.  And right now, I have heard a rumor (that I expect to be true) that UNICEF is stopping any more adoptive kids from going into the US Embassy in Haiti so that they can come to America to be united with their adoptive parents.  Not really a big surprise to me as they have historically long been against international adoptions.  They want all orphans to grow up in UNICEF Villages... translation is Orphanages.   I think they also see that the interest in Haiti is starting to be less and less here in America so possibly no one will see what they are doing now and think negatively about them.   Hummm.... so giving to UNICEF?  I do not think so....    It is very easy to get discouraged with these  groups and not give at all....and that is not the answer either. If you want to give please give to groups that may not be big but ones you know...  

   Here is a worth while one.....

www.heartlineministries.org

Any one else have any good ideas? And if you have heard if this UNICEF rumor is true can you give me a link?  thanks....

No comments: