March 03, 2010

One of those days...

   Hi friend it's me,
     Having a lonely day here in the midst of every one.  Just once in awhile I wish, so much, that I could spend the day with a friend who got me, an adoptive mom like me. An older adoptive mom who is tired and thankful and where I am at in my life.  It would just be so nice and easy. I spend a lot of my time living here in  my little village  just not expecting that.  I'm missing some friend in my life who lives far away...   One who would not say,  "I just do not know how you do it?", or "Why would you ever want too adopt again?" Or, "Do people ever mistake you for her grandma?"  Or ,"You have how many kids? From ages What to What?!!"    Or "You sure live a different life don't you?"   Or "I could never do that..."
    I' d love to just sit back with a cup of tea and a pretty tea pot full of more in front of us and watch the kids play and laugh at them and marvel at how beautiful they are and what a miracle we share in that God placed these miracles with us to raise and haven't  they changed so much since they came home?  And tell each other of  the latest  new thing in our crazy lives.... talk of our older children and where they are at in their lives and speak of what we hope God will do for their futures.  Just talk about what the Lord has done for us and how he will get us through what ever is ahead in our lives...

   But I have no one close enough to do this with now...  I am where God has placed me in my life now. In the little village in this time of life.... I trust Him and know what He is doing in my life is best for me and my family...
      But some days I miss you... My friend, WHO JUST GETS ME.  So today I will pray for you and you for me okay.  And some day we will get to have that tea time....

Blessings
Dawn

2 comments:

Aus said...

Morning Dawn - yeah - it would be great to be right next door so we could do that - but you do have one place where you can share that - and it's right here! One thing that I do find amusing tho - when we're out with parents of other kids around my young kids ages I find my self thinking "I've got a child older than you" or "I may have shoes older than you" and the absolute one - "I have a class A uniform that I KNOW is older than you (and it still fits - mostly!)

hugs - aus and co.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could offer you more than emails and cyber hugs. You are in my heart FOREVER, I look up to you, you are a great lady, a true soul sister. I "get" you and I LOVE you!!!