April 08, 2010

The Value of a Life





    All things have value. The house, that vacation we want,  the car, the kid's new i pod  that they so desire, or the latest new phone or that new  i pad thing that every one wants so badly they will stand in line for hours or days to get it....   All THINGS  and soon there will be new THINGS  to own to hold us all captive until we tire of them and move on and spend our money on the next  THING....

   I am just as guilty as the next person for wanting the new thing...  Lord forgive me that i can get lost so easily in  material things. Forgive me for not teaching my children MORE CLEARLY that things will make you sad in the end and leave you empty.  Sure I say it, but I need to SHOW it MORE  then I do.

   I remember being in China, when we went to adopt Carissa, and  I was shocked seeing how much wealth there was in China!  I did not expect to see so many in China enjoying wealth while hidden away from these new prosperous Chinese  were many orphanages full of mostly little girls no one wanted.  So many little girls suffering while the wealthy in China did not seem to notice or care....  I felt angry so very angry... because one of these girls was MY DAUGHTER.  Forgive me Lord, I had no right to judge these people you love in China  when I do the same thing.  And I know YOU and I know better.... 

    Lord each life is precious and of great value to you more then we can really understand this side of heaven.  One little boys life is so very important to you and his name is Jeremiah. He may seem to have less  value to this world them some others. But to you, and to his soon to be adoptive family, he is a gem hidden from the world.  Jeremiah deserves to get his family, he deserves to be held by his mama and daddy. To feel  secure in the arms of love.  His family needs help to bring him home. They have worked hard raising the money needed to bring him home.  And now it is close to the end of their adoption journey and they need  that last bit of money necessary to get him home to medical care and to love. 

    Please hold off on getting that last THING  for yourself or the new phone for your child and help this family bring Jeremiah home.  He needs to see doctors in America, he needs the strength of love his family can give him to help him survive and thrive and become all God knows he can become.  HE NEEDS TO COME HOME NOW.    Please click on Jeremiah's blog link at the bottom of this post  and help him get home.... Thanks.
                                                                                                  
    Because life is precious and so is Jeremiah's.....                      

www.tillgodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks Dawn! Beautifully written.
Jill :)

justbnme said...

You are to be looked up to! Thanks Dawn...

Aus said...

Morning Dawn - BTDT - she's already on my read list! ;)

hugs - aus and co.