May 12, 2010

Personal attacks meant for our destruction...

     When we are being attacked by the wicked who call themselves part of the body of Christ it can be a  the most destructive thing to your faith.  You become angry so angry that it over comes you as you try to fight this  injustice in your own strength.  You can not try to reason with those who really only want you gone, fallen, totally destroyed.   Mean while, your attacker carries on  as if they are  living righteous.  Certainly, God knows all hearts and knows the intentions of our hearts as well.  I know that God cares for us and will defend us and work it all out for our good eventually.  My time line is not  His...   Yes, I want to be saved from any more  stress and any hard times my family and I will certainly have to go through as a result of this attack.  But that may not be a reality....  We may suffer.  We may not get to go through this unscathed.  Is that not believing God or is it part of God's plan for our growth...   I am not sure I have the answer for that. 


    We have been fighting this kind of fight lately.  And I know others whom I consider TRUE brothers and sisters in Christ who are facing this very thing themselves.   This is the second time in my life I have been faced with this kind of deep wicked attack.  I do not have answers... all I can do it what I know is before me and to pray.  In this world the wicked do seem to win at times....   I am sorry for this post to be so negative but  it is the way it is.  If we are the body then we need to be real.  We are going to all face such things in our life and in these last days it will become more and more the reality of  life to be attacked by wickedness.  We are to fight and how do we do that?  We use the word and ask others to pray...  that is all I know.  Please continue to pray for our family and our business that supports our family.  We are praying Psalm 5 for us.  We hope to see a break through in the coming month.

Psalm 5
Prayer for Protection from the Wicked.

1Give ear to my words, O LORD,
Consider my groaning.
2Heed the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God,
For to You I pray.
3In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice;
In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.
4For You are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness;
No evil dwells with You.
5The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes;
You hate all who do iniquity.
6You destroy those who speak falsehood;
The LORD abhors the man of bloodshed and deceit.
7But as for me, by Your abundant loving kindness I will enter Your house,
At Your holy temple I will bow in reverence for You.
8O LORD, lead me in Your righteousness because of my foes;
Make Your way straight before me.
9There is nothing reliable in what they say;
Their inward part is destruction itself
Their throat is an open grave;
They flatter with their tongue.
10Hold them guilty, O God;
By their own devices let them fall!
In the multitude of their transgressions thrust them out,
For they are rebellious against You.
11But let all who take refuge in You be glad,
Let them ever sing for joy;
And may You shelter them,
That those who love Your name may exult in You.
12For it is You who blesses the righteous man, O LORD,
You surround him with favor as with a shield.

1 comment:

Aus said...

Prayers offered - hold fast....

hugs - aus and co.