July 23, 2010

We have a new baby at our house!!!





   An abandoned baby kitty has come to live at our house!  She is young and needs to be fed with an eye dropper and all else that goes with being a mama to a baby kitten...  Her name is Kia and Faith decided she would be mama to her.  She has also decided it is very hard being a mom to a new baby!  So we are now sharing the love and the work of this kitty...  She got sick after aspirating canned kitten milk into her lungs and we had to take her to the vet for medicine.  We are trying hard to get her to drink milk from a saucer but it is a no go she wants a mama...  Her lungs are better now  but she has a bit of the eye infection  kittens get...  Kia, the kitty,  has been loved and prayed over and has kept us all up for many night time hours...  


   This baby is so very needy... she misses her mama so much and looks desperately for any one who will fill the need in her to be held and protected.  She wants to be held right under your chin covered up with your hair and she nuzzles deep into your hair. Is there such a thing as a kitty binky?  

   I am reminded how our children were left and in such desperate need and left so vulnerable. How each one held on and would not let go...  I remember "that look" when we first saw them... that fear... that look in their eyes searching ours thinking what does it mean to have a mom and dad?  What will happen to me now...  One child asked me if I would love her?  Because she had tried this momma thing before and it had not worked... 


   Help me God to be the mama that each of my children needs...And help them, when I make a mistake and do not get it right, to forgive me.  Cause being a mom is hard work some times...


And if any one knows if they make kitty binkies let me know where I can get one!!!!

1 comment:

Aus said...

Aww ain't she cute? :)

hugs - aus and co.