November 01, 2010

Harvest party....



  We had a great day at our churches Harvest party.... lots of food and fun.  It was a beautiful day even thought it started out very rainy and gloomy.  Carissa got to ride horses and wants one for Christmas or her birthday... that will not be happening.  But I told her she will get to ride again soon...  She was a bit scared and so had on her "not so sure about this but I really wanna do it face".  







    We really do not celebrate Halloween.  We  had fun at the party and were so tired afterwards, I guess so much fresh air and it was beautiful.  We had to keep the kids close to camp as a bear had been in the camp area just the day before.  Nice Mr. Bear decided there were too many of us to make an appearance.  


   We used to celebrate Halloween and take our older kids out and dress them up and it was fun and they got way too much candy.  Once we were asked to be foster parents to two young children whose parents were placing them in a new family.  It was around Halloween time. The reason these children were being placed was because the parents had been involved in a "Coven" in our area  (a town about 2 hours from us)  and they had left the coven and were trying to start new lives. The children had been threatened by coven members and the parents  did not feel the kids would be safe unless they found a new home for them....    It made the truth of what Halloween is really about REAL  to us.  I was asked Not to take the children out in stores in our area or let them play in our back yard with out any one being with them as there was a concern about who would find them.  These kids had hardly ever been out side...    


   If you believe in the Light you must also believe in the Darkness.... 


   I just have never really understood the great fun of dressing up kids in gory things either... kinda creeps me out.  I know dress up is fun (but they can do that any time) and so are parties and I love seeing my grandchildren dressed up when it not gruesome or some thing out of a horror movie....  Seems kinda strange to me too this HALLOWEEN   THING  is becoming such a big deal to so many people any more.  It just gets way too played up.  But every one has to do what is right  for them or what they feel called to do....   
   
    I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and CHRISTMAS!!!   This year I will be prepared!!!!


   I will,  I will.... 

1 comment:

Aus said...

I'm thinking you may be right about the horse for Christmas - I'm not seeing a lot of joy on that face! ;) "But mom - I promise I'll feed it and clean up after it and everything!" Yeah....

And good luck on the 'being prepared' thing too - heh....yeah - me too!

hugs - aus and co.