January 17, 2011

MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. QUOTES








‎"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant."

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silenc
e of our friends."

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'"

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

"The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?"

~Martin Luther King, Jr.








I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality.... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.  ~Martin Luther King, Jr.


The time is always right to do what is right.  ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Everybody can be great.  Because anybody can serve.  You don't have to have a college degree to serve.  You don't have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve.... You don't have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve.  You only need a heart full of grace.  A soul generated by love.  ~Martin Luther King, Jr.


“I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.”

Martin Luther King Jr., I Have a Dream, 1963.

“Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: / we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”

Martin Luther King Jr., I Have a Dream, 1963.

No comments: