May 30, 2011

I can not PRAY...


I CAN NOT PRAY


I cannot say 'OUR' if my religion has no room for others and their needs.


I cannot say 'FATHER' if I do not demonstrate this relationship in my daily life.


I cannot say 'WHO ART IN HEAVEN' if all my interests & pursuits are in earthly things.


I cannot say 'HALLOWED BE THY NAME' if I, who am called by His name, am not holy.


I cannot say 'THY KINGDOM COME' if I am unwilling to give up my own sovereignty and accept the righteous reign of God.


I cannot say 'THY WILL BE DONE' if I am unwilling or resentful of having it in my life.


I cannot say 'ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN' unless I am truly ready to give myself to His service.


I cannot say 'GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD' without expending honest effort for it or by ignoring the genuine needs of my fellowmen.


I cannot say 'FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US' if I continue to harbor a grudge against anyone.


I cannot say 'LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION' if I deliberately choose to remain in a situation where I am likely to be tempted.


I cannot say 'DELIVER US FROM EVIL' if I am not prepared to fight in the spiritual realm with the weapon of prayer.


I cannot say 'THINE IS THE KINGDOM' if I do not give the King the disciplined obedience of a loyal subject.


I cannot say 'THINE IS THE POWER' if I fear what my neighbors and friends may say or do.


I cannot say 'THINE IS THE GLORY' if I am seeking my own glory first.


I cannot say 'FOREVER' if I am too anxious about each day's affairs.


I cannot say 'AMEN' unless I honestly say, 'cost what it may, this is my prayer'.
Author Unknown

3 comments:

Aus said...

Morning Dawn - wonderful - absolutely wonderful!

hugs - aus and co.

Adoption Mama said...

Sometimes my prayer is just tears...lots lately.

Dawn said...

Adoption Mama, I have to agree tears are some times the best kind of prayer. I have been doing that a lot lately too.

hello Aus.. tell Marie hello too.