August 20, 2011

What I've been doing?






   I've been isolating... waiting... listening... praying... coping... working... planning... laughing... crying... worrying... praying... growing... talking... reading... cleaning... doing paperwork... dreaming... cooking...  finding peace in the stillness... joy in the craziness...  and wondering what will come next.


  This summer has brought us many surprises. One of which was a surprise visit from all of our children and our grand children. All at once!  Our oldest daughter, Amy, got every one organized and they all came!!!  I'm really proud of all our kids.  We have never been able to get them all here at one time for various reasons. And one of our daughters we have not seen for 8 years!  It was a great visit. We have a large old house and we live in a small little town. And our house was full and loud and it was great to see everyone.  Our grand kids are growing and becoming great little people.  Really they are...  I think I have been hit with the grandma stick... cause I really think these are the most amazing little people!  It is wonderful to see them grow from year to year.  They are pretty much perfect.  I'm sorry for those whose grandkids aren't so perfect but don't hate me...   Yeah, I'm one of those grandparents.... but really they are just exceptional...  ok, done with that...


  Summer has gone way too fast. School time for Miss C. is almost upon us.... I am looking forward to more routine for her and for me.  We did not get to make all the trips we wanted to this summer.  It is so very hard for my husband and I too get away from our job.  But the summer happened any way and it is never long enough. Now my husband and I are soon to be celebrating our 38th anniversary.   I've got some plans but can't tell you....


   As Fall will soon be here, I plan on blogging more... and being more open with my thoughts.  You asked for it!  What?  Oh, you didn't?  Well, your gonna get it any way...   so hang on...

3 comments:

Aus said...

Hey Dawn - glad to have you back!! I'll ask for it - he who asks recieves - right? ;) Looking forward to hearing more - and while it reads that summer was 'good' - it also reads that summer was 'insightful' and maybe even 'meaningful' - looking forward to that too!

hugs - aus and co.

Dawn said...

bless you and yours Aus... miss Maries blog.. :-(

Pam said...

Pictures! We want to see pictures!