October 11, 2011

It''s Cold outside ....







Finally, it is beginning to be colder here then 80 degrees.  In Oregon we do not do well with lots of heat. Rain is our staple and I love it... well, most of the time. But complaining about the weather hot or cold is some thing we all do around here too.  So now it is time to cuddle up under soft blankets and watch the rain and even the wind at times and smell the fresh air as the leaves start falling from our big old maples...   I'm getting used to the idea of fall but not winter.  I'm not ready to have our world covered in the white stuff.
  I'm thinking of all the quilting projects I have not got started on (past the planning stage) and I'm wishing I could make another trip to see my sister before we are snowed in...  





  Yes, it gets cold very cold....  Not Alaska cold but cold enough for man or beast to want relief. We try to entertain our selves as best we can. Yes, there are those who are crazy ski people but I have never been much for affording this kind of big expense for us.  Winter is beautiful here... because we do live in a beautiful place....





   So, I am going to be thankful for the seasons in our part of the world and also be thankful for the seasons I'm experiencing in our life right now.   Right now it is FALL not winter....  Home schooling, fresh rain, harvest time, cool breezes, sewing by my big old window, warm fires in the morning, baking bread, hot tea in one of my favorite cups... and time to read and remember. 

  I'm thinking of you and wishing you were here...Fall blessings....





1 comment:

Aus said...

Great images Dawn - both pics and mental! I love the fall too - used to live in Michigan and don't mind the snow either - we'd get along with our winter habits (but it would have to be coffee, not tea)!

hugs - aus and co.