February 16, 2012

The Forgotten...If NOT US then WHO?

  I get told many times that my blog is too depressing. I harp on the fatherless and the orphan too much and it gets depressing.  I am not a perfect person, Christian or mother. I do not think I have done enough ( as some one once told me) because I have adopted a child and so I need to stop telling others about it.  I am an adoptee. I am one of these...  And so are YOU.  Except for the grace of God... so are you... One of these... One of the forgotten.

  God just does not call just a "few of HIS OWN to be radical or just a few of  "Us" who can't seem to "get over it" and move on with real life.  He wants us all to be broken by the things that break His own heart. 

   Please read this post.... and be broken... and called and do some thing....

http://www.nogreaterjoymom.com/2012/02/if-not-usthen-who.html

1 comment:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I am moved to tears. That post was profound and I'm ashamed to say I'm one of the people who didn't know about this. Oh sure, I knew that orphanages are not pleasant places and that abuses took place, but I didn't know about them being confined to their beds for the rest of their short lives. It is just sickening. I've always had a heart for adoption, but my husband hasn't ever been on board. I'm going to start praying that if it is God's will for us to adopt that it will happen. The kids and I just watched the Amy Carmichael story. It was so inspiring and moved me to want to adopt once again. I'm praying God will change my husband's mind if it is His will. The need is so great, but if we could even change one life it would be worth it. Thank you for sharing this article. It truly is life changing.