February 16, 2012

God's Calling?

  • “‎We will miss the
    greatest adventures of our calling if we remain compelled by comfort. We will
    be bored stiff and wonder why God never called us to anything. How willing are
    we to just flat out GO for God? And it is important to remember that in order
    to go anywhere, we first have to leave someplace else (usually that means our
    safe place, our comfort zone). If we choose comfort to motivate us we
    will risk our callings…because this I can promise you -- your calling will
    always be WAY outside your comfort. God is a whole lot more interested in your
    calling than your comfort.” -Beth Moore

2 comments:

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This is so true! I'm a big Beth Moore bible study fan. God has really used her to help me become a woman of the Word. I'm so grateful for her willingness to step outside of her comfort zone to teach the rest of us God's truths. I needed to hear this today, so thank you!

Aus said...

Morning Dawn - I guess most importantly - you don't need to care what folks "think" about your blog...and maybe they find it distressing because it makes them feel a little 'guilt' about not moving out of their comfort zone?

I get it - but maybe that's just the Franciscan in me!

hugs - aus and co.