June 23, 2012

I Am A Warrior!!!!


    First Chemo treatment is done... now only 7 more to go...    I'm doing OK now. Not very sick (just weak and tired) as the medications they give you now are designed to keep you from much nausea. So that is a big goal.  Not always possible but the main idea of less suffering through treatment and more healing even though it is all so very HUGE. HUGE drugs that are so scary.  I'm learning a lot about my self about others and about God. I have much that I hope God will accomplish in my life during this time... changes in me and a new heart and vision...   Guess that sounds like a lot...  but not really.

   I never wanted to be focused on fighting breast cancer in my life... Getting the orphans in the world into homes is much more important to me... then fighting some dumb disease.  I had my own plans I guess Lord. I do not want to be defined by breast cancer.... it is only a side road in my life.  But I want to be who He wants me to be during this time that I am going through it.  And my life does not belong to me.  So here I am  walking this path of sickness but looking forward to the end of this sickness... and  learning more about How much He LOVES ME... and US ALL.


“My deepest awareness of myself is that I am deeply loved by Jesus Christ and I have done nothing to earn it or deserve it.” — Brennan Manning

3 comments:

Aus said...

Good morning Dawn - hugs - and prayers - and know that you are never defined by a desease - or a child - or what you do...you are always defined by one thing only - your love of Christ.

hang tough - we pulling for all y'all -

aus and co.

*Overflowing* said...

Praying for you my darling friend.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Been thinking of you. Miss seeing you at church. How are you? Praying all is well and you are lickin' this thing!